Removal of existing farms

Summary
We propose removing the Volt-BNB and wFUSE-USDC farms

Motivation
Our aim is to remove less attractive farms, as well as to gradually remove Fuse token rewards from Voltage farms.

Proposal
The Volt-BNB farm is one of the least attractive farms (TVL-wise). We propose removing the farm, as well as moving its Volt reward tokens to another farm, for what a second proposal and poll will be put up in place.
Also, we suggest removing the wFUSE-USDC farm. The reason behind this proposal is, fUSD is pegged to USDC in a 1:1 ratio. Voltage is currently offering both wFuse-fUSD and wFUSE-USDC farms, and we would like to keep only one. On another note, we are currently building another product around fUSD, aiming for fUSD to be not only the chain’s native stablecoin, but also the main and most used stablecoin. Again, the usage of rewards from that farming pool are subject to a community poll, but that only counts for the Volt rewards.
Our plan is to gradually remove Fuse rewards from Voltage farms.

Polling Period
The polling process begins now and will end at 12:00PM UTC on 16/07/2022. If the initial poll receives the community’s support, a Snapshot vote will be put up at 12:00PM UTC on 17/07/2022.

• I support this proposal
  • I don’t support this proposal

0 voters

What about the rest of the farms?
Can we vote on lowering the Fuse rewards on them?

1 Like

That’s a great question and suggestion!

We’ve had many community members reaching out to us in Telegram/Twitter asking if we are going to stop giving Fuse rewards. Primarily because the Fuse token has been a reward token in several campaigns, like, the Ola Rainmaker program, Sushi farms, Pancakeswap syrup pools, Voltage farms etc., but also because Fuse and Voltage, although closely correlated, are separate entities.

We support the idea of lowering or even completely removing Fuse rewards from Voltage farms. For this, we will create another Forum proposal and poll and let the community decide.

I suggest the following, lets lower 50% all the rewards on the remaining farms.
The only one i suggest not to lower is the xVolt farm since its rewarding Volt stakers.

1 Like

But that is only for the Fuse rewards, right?

I agree, the xVolt farm is a different case because its reward pool is being filled with the Voltage validator rewards.

1 Like

Thats correct.
I propose the following:
(the rewards are allocated on a monthly basis)

Volt - Fuse Now: 25.000 Fuse. Suggestion: 12.000

Volt - Fusd Now: 25.000 Fuse. Suggestion: 10.000

WBTC - WETH Now: 25.000 Fuse. Suggestion: 12.000

fUSD - BNB Now: 25.000 Fuse. Suggestion: 10.000

WFuse - Busd Now: 25.000 Fuse. Suggestion: 7.500

WFuse - WETH Now: 25.000 Fuse. Suggestion: 10.000

WFuse - fUSD Now: 25.000 Fuse. Suggestion: 15.000

Stable farm Now: 25.000 Fuse. Suggestion: 15.000

1 Like

I support this idea 100% $fUSD should be the main stablecoin on chain, as it is already backed 1:1 by USDC it is a logical choice.

this sounds exciting, can’t wait to see what you guys have brewing

1 Like

I like this suggestion. We will put up another proposal specifically for that matter.

Can you mono open this vote on snapshot?
New rewards allocation:
Volt - Fuse Now: 25.000 Fuse. Suggestion: 12.000

Volt - Fusd Now: 25.000 Fuse. Suggestion: 10.000

WBTC - WETH Now: 25.000 Fuse. Suggestion: 8.000

fUSD - BNB Now: 25.000 Fuse. Suggestion: 8.000

WFuse - Busd Now: 25.000 Fuse. Suggestion: 6.000

WFuse - WETH Now: 25.000 Fuse. Suggestion: 8.000

WFuse - fUSD Now: 25.000 Fuse. Suggestion: 10.000

Stable farm Now: 55.000 Fuse. Suggestion: 15.000

Total fuse per month: 77k instead of 230k